E-learning platform created by eadBox reduces from 8 to 1 month the new talent hiring time at IBM
World leader in services and technology, the century-old International Business Machines (IBM) has pioneered the development of the microchip in 1966, helped the mankind to set foot on the moon for the first time in 1969, served in the creation of the bar code in 1973 and launched the first PC 1981 on a large scale.
With so many achievements so it is not difficult to grasp that among the thousands of talents who have worked for IBM include no less than five Nobel Prize winners, four of them in the Turing category, which rewards Computer work.
Thus, such an innovative company requires an equally innovative talent hunting system. And that’s exactly what IBM managers found when they sought for eadBox.
Objectives of eadBox in cooperation with IBM
Developing an Online Distance Learning/ Learning Management System platform (LMS) that can increase the chances of IBM recruiting people with the most appropriate talent for each type of job in the Information Technology which was open to free competition in the company.
Such a system would have to:
- Cut down the time spent looking for professionals in the labor market;
- Evaluate candidates through courses, tests and curriculum;
- Enable all candidates even if there were not to be recruited.
The EADBOX created in 2010 an e-learning platform on which was incoorporated in the University Hiring Program, which trains and selects candidates for the areas of Business Intelligence, Java and SQL for IBM.
- Reciprocity: by offering free courses during the selection, the online distance University Hiring platform, developed by EADBOX, contributed to the increase in the number of candidates, as they now count on the advantage of obtaining better professional qualifications even if they were not recruited;
- Bank of qualified candidates: while the candidate for a job opening at IBM performs a free course at the e-learning platform University Hiring, he offers his curriculum, carries knowledge tests, makes psychological assessments, undergoes tests of compatibility and other activities, which are recorded in a database. This information is used when IBM managers need a new talent for a specific job;
- Intelligence recruitment: Distance learning platform selection for professional, developed by EADBOX, allows crossing data from assessments and curricula more easily, which allows to find the right talent for the job open faster. This system reduced the 8 months hiring time to 1 month;
- Early training: with the new e-learning platform for recruitment, IBM went to empower first and hire later. That is the opposite of what do most companies in any industry today. This reduced 90% spending on post hiring technical training.
You also get more and better results as IBM. Contact the EADBOX right now and make a plan for creating your distance learning platform (LMS) in your company.